Friday, April 3, 2009

Finally in our AFLAC room!

Posted Mar 31, 2009 12:33am

I'm pleased to report that we are officially OUT of the PICU!! The room we're in now is considerably smaller (we'll call it cozier) than the PICU room. Chase said he liked the larger one, which I thought was kind of odd considering he never left the bed, but hey, I think his bed was bigger up there, too.

We're all settled in now, and should be in this room for the remainder of his treatment for this month. If you're interested in sending Chase anything, please email me directly (cobannon (at) barrow.k12.ga.us) or send me a message via Facebook or Plurk and I'll give you the address. I hesitate to send things to the hospital directly :)

As for visitors, we can now be more liberal with having people come see him. What we do ask is that you give us a call (email) a day ahead to give us a head's up. Some nights might be good for him while others not so good, so we'd like to make sure he's up to enjoy company when you can come.

Tonight, Chase received 2 chemo drugs:
Chemo med #1 (Cytarabine) is an IV injection every 12 hrs for 10
days.

Chemo med #2 (Etoposide) is once a day for 5 days and given over 4
hrs.

We're on day #4 of his Chemo treatment. At this point, I do not have what is called a "road map" for his treatment regimen for the month. I'm hoping to have that tomorrow.

Today was a great day for him! He (and I) rested until noonish and then he managed to finish the last two Lord of the Rings movies today. He's been a bit queasy tonight, but he also just received some additional meds to help relax him and combat that. I'm hoping he'll be knocked out by the time I finish writing this.

I know there's more that I probably wanted to say tonight, but my brain is about spent. I'm still gathering information about donating platelets and will post that soon.

Again, thank you so very much for your continued well wishes, thoughts, and prayers. We are feeling them!!

God Bless!!

Caroline, David, Chase, and William

Oh...Maya and Baxter, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment