Friday, March 27, 2009

March 27, 2009

Posted Mar 27, 2009 11:34am

Chase's white blood cell count yesterday was 141,000. Normal white blood cell count is typically 400 - 10,000. Today, his was 94,000!! I know it's odd to be excited about that number when it's still so far above the norm, but that means that Chase doesn't have to have another Fareze treatment before he can go into his surgical procedure today!

He slept very well last night - better than I did. He asked for something to help him sleep, but by the time I was ready to ask his nurse, Charlie, Chase was dead to the world!!

As I write this, he's getting a blood transfusion to prepare for his surgery. He needs this because his red blood cell levels were lower than they wanted (needed). I'll post a bit more later about the procedure he's having later today. Right now we don't know when that will happen because they are having to work him in.

No comments:

Post a Comment