Saturday, February 19, 2011

February 19th Day +2 - Another Good Day!

Just to start...if this is the first post you're reading, you may want to start with this one.  I've also posted some detailed information about his required daily routine and food restrictions here if you're interested.

Chase had another good day today! It is such a great feeling, too!  He is still wiped out and takes a lot of naps during the day, but he's also been interacting, asking for drinks, and doing his chores without too much fuss.  I think I would be worried if he completely complied!

The poor guy sounds like he has a horrible head cold, but his throat is raw from mucositis and the drainage associated with it.  Dr.Horan said this condition looks to be just starting up, but it is no where near as severe as it was back in April.  He chemo wasn't as strong this go around, which I'm sure has helped, but in general he is looking and feeling better than expected.

It's still very early in the transplant timeline, so I'm realistic that his health will change.  I'm not being negative about him at all.  Unfortunately, it's a fact that I've witnessed for the past 9 rounds of chemo he has received.  Since his white blood cell counts are almost at 0, he could start having fevers and other issues at any time, but every good day he can have right now is a blessing!!

Thankfully, he hasn't had any nausea that his nausea pump hasn't been able to handle.  That goes for pain, too!  They will raise the amount of morphine he receives as needed, so I was pleased to hear he was okay with the current level.  I have noticed a few symptoms that I attribute to the morphine, mostly short-term memory lapses, but that goes away once he's off of it.

What really surprised me was when he told me he was bored! He doesn't have the energy to play video games or to really concentrate on a board game, so we watched a Netflix movie.  He was doing his "recliner time" when I started up the movie on my laptop.  He told me his chair was comfy and asked me to sit with him.  I don't know how, but we managed to both squeeze in.  Later, he wanted to nap and I had to be his pillow.  It's nice that he wants me there. I'll always take snuggle time, but typing or texting with one hand is not productive!

It's just after 10:00 pm and he has to get his bath, lotion, and teeth brushing done, so I'll sign off.

Thank you again for all the love, support, and prayers!
God Bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment